The StackExchange universe is one of the professionally most useful web-ecosystem in existence. Here I collect some interesting, but untypical threads.
MathOverflow – mathematics
- Cocktail party math
- Colloquial catchy statements encoding serious mathematics
- How to respond to i was never much good at maths at school
- Real world applications of mathematics by arxiv subject area
- Mathematical urban legends
- Which popular games are the most mathematical
- Are there any serious investigations of whether mathematicians do their best without
- Jokes in the sense of littlewood examples
- Do good math jokes exist
- Most interesting mathematics mistake
- Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- What are your favorite instructional counterexamples
- Famous mathematical quotes
CrossValidated – statistics, machine learning
- Famous statistician quotes
- What is your favorite data analysis cartoon
- Most interesting statistical paradoxes
What’s up with the physics community? Do you know any good threads?
StackOverflow – programming
Theoretical Computer Science
Cognitive Science Stackexchange
Nothing yet. Any tips?