I’m an extrophysicist and datanomer. An ex-astrophysicst and data scientist. The purpose of this blog is to quietly converse with myself, because a pathology becomes a charming eccentricity, when done publicly. Rigth?
But really I just enjoy learning about the Universe. Here is a non-exhaustive list of things, I’m interested in and might discuss in one form or another on the blog:
- Artificial Intelligence – both narrow and general
- Probability theory, statistics, bayesian epistemology
- Machine learning and data science
- Physics & Cosmology
- Decision and game theory
- Effective altruism
- Economics, finance, econometrics, econophysics
- Cognitive sciences, neuropsychology
- Philosophy and history of science – particularly physics and statistics
- Distributed systems
- Complex systems, chaos
- Literature, poetry, music… and their relationship to science
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Meta-ethics – particularly of the consequentialist/utilitarian kind
- Learning and education
- and too many other things….
And I’m trying to learn about writing. By doing it.
My other blogs
- for technical posts (coding, linux, statistics)
- collection of text snippets I found interesting
- since the content is not written by me, it might be actually good