Posted by Kamil Bartocha, a few excellent points. I agree with every single one of them:
- Data is never clean.
- You will spend most of your time cleaning and preparing data.
- 95% of tasks do not require deep learning.
- In 90% of cases generalized linear regression will do the trick.
- Big Data is just a tool.
- You should embrace the Bayesian approach.
- No one cares how you did it.
- Academia and business are two different worlds.
- Presentation is key – be a master of Power Point.
- All models are false, but some are useful.
- There is no fully automated Data Science. You need to get your hands dirty.